Where to Ride
What to do in Port Macquarie
Port Macquarie has a wealth of locations to explore on bike paths, bike lanes or quiet back streets. A great variety of short easy rides to longer.
“The Free Discover Visitors Map for Greater Port Macquarie” is an ideal reference map to explore the area, available free from most tourism outlets.
Port Macquarie leisurely Bike Rides
- Breakwall and Town Beach Ride – A flat ride on shared bike path suitable for all ages. 1 – 3 km return
- Kooloonbung Creek Nature Park and Historical Cemetery Ride – Flat on road inner city ride. 2 km return
- Koala Hospital Ride – Slight incline on city roads, with an easy ride back. 5 km return
- Riverside Ride to Settlement Point –Flat Shared bike path and quiet back streets, passing the Marina and the fabulous houses on the waterways. 9 km return
- Sea Acres Nature Reserve Ride – Undulating climb there with easy ride back. Walk the famous Rainforest Boardwalk. 11 km return
- Googik Heritage Ride – To the Walking Trail – undulating ride on roads with bike lanes. 8 km return
- Tacking Point Lighthouse Ride – Following the beaches along Pacific Dr, undulating climb with some hills much easier on the way back. 17 km return
- Ferry to Ferry Ride – Linking The Hibbard and Settlement Pt ferries in a loop ride. Extend the ride by taking in the North Breakwall. Flat mainly quiet roads, bike paths & lanes 22km return
- Explore Further Afield – Take the bikes in your car and discover Wauchope & Lake Cathie
After a great ride try some of the best food and coffee at Drury Lane and … cafes only metres from the bike station. Or for some sweets before or after a ride All Sort Sweets next to the bike station.